What are the 4 main factors that affect the climate of Africa?
Factors that Influence Climate
- Elevation or Altitude effect climate. Normally, climatic conditions become colder as altitude increases. …
- Prevailing global wind patterns. …
- Topography. …
- Effects of Geography. …
- Surface of the Earth. …
- Climate change over time.
What are the 5 major factors that affect climate?
- Latitude. It depends on how close or how far it is to the equator. …
- Ocean currents. Certain ocean currents have different temperatures. …
- Wind and air masses. Heated ground causes air to rise which results in lower air pressure. …
- Elevation. The higher up you are, the colder and drier it will be. …
What are the factors that affects climate?
Introduction: Climate is determined by the temperature and precipitation characteristics of a region over time. The temperature characteristics of a region are influenced by natural factors such as latitude, elevation, and the presence of ocean currents.
What are the effects of climate change on Africa’s environment?
The main longer-term impacts of climate change in Africa include changing rainfall patterns affecting agriculture and reducing food security; worsen- ing water security; decreasing fish resources in large lakes due to rising temperatures and overfishing; rising sea levels affecting low-lying coastal areas with large …
What are the factors affecting climate and weather?
The most important factors affecting climate are latitude, altitude, distance to the ocean or sea, orientation of mountain ranges toward prevailing winds, and the ocean current.
What are the factors that influence climate and weather?
The factors that influence climate are:
- pressure and wind.
- ocean currents.
- mountain barriers.
- land and water distribution [how close to or far from a large body of water]
What are the 4 factors that cause climate?
Although many factors combine to influence weather, the four main ones are solar radiation, the amount of which changes with Earth’s tilt, orbital distance from the sun and latitude, temperature, air pressure and the abundance of water.
What are the major controls affecting the climate of a place?
There are six major controls of the climate of an area. These factors are latitude, elevation, nearby water, ocean currents, topography, vegetation, and prevailing winds. LOWERN is an alternative short form for six factors that affect climate.