Which factors are used to differentiate climate regions quizlet?
Terms in this set (5)
- Latitude. – the further you move away from the equator, north or south, the cooler the temperature. …
- Air Masses. – air masses carry the conditions from where they originate. …
- Elevation / Altitude. – the higher it is from sea level the cooler the temperature. …
- Proximity to Water. …
What are the main factors that define a climate region?
The climate of any particular place is influenced by a host of interacting factors. These include latitude, elevation, nearby water, ocean currents, topography, vegetation, and prevailing winds.
Which 3 factors are used to identify climate zones?
A climate zone results from the climate conditions of an area: its temperature, humidity, amount and type of precipitation, and the season.
What are the 5 factors that determine climate?
Hint:The five main factors which affect the climate of a region are Latitude, Altitude, relief, currents and winds and distance from the sea.
What are the 5 factors that affect climate describe each?
- Latitude. It depends on how close or how far it is to the equator. …
- Ocean currents. Certain ocean currents have different temperatures. …
- Wind and air masses. Heated ground causes air to rise which results in lower air pressure. …
- Elevation. The higher up you are, the colder and drier it will be. …
What factors determine climate?
Introduction: Climate is determined by the temperature and precipitation characteristics of a region over time. The temperature characteristics of a region are influenced by natural factors such as latitude, elevation and the presence of ocean currents.
How do you determine a climate zone?
Climate zones are determined by the coldest average winter temperature the geographical area typically experiences. You can see the coldest temps and their zones here, further divided into A (colder half of the zone) and B (warmer half of the zone).
What are the 4 major factors that influence climate?
Although many factors combine to influence weather, the four main ones are solar radiation, the amount of which changes with Earth’s tilt, orbital distance from the sun and latitude, temperature, air pressure and the abundance of water.
Why are there different climate zones?
Because the Earth is a sphere, the sun’s rays reach the earth’s surface in polar regions at a much more slanted angle than at equator. … So the extra energy at the Equator needs to be spread across the planet and it’s this that creates different climate zones across the world.
What are the two main factors determining climate quizlet?
The two things that define the climate of an area are temperature and precipitation.