What do you mean by environmental degradation How can it be controlled explain?
It is defined as any change or disturbance to the environment perceived to be deleterious or undesirable. … When natural habitats are destroyed or natural resources are depleted, the environment is degraded. Efforts to counteract this problem include environmental protection and environmental resources management.
What is environmental degradation?
Environmental degradation is the deterioration in environmental quality from ambient concentrations of pollutants and other activities and processes such as improper land use and natural disasters.
What is environmental degradation Class 10?
Environmental degradation refers to the loss of biodiversity through depletion of resources such as air, water, soil, habitat destruction, pollution, the destruction of ecosystems, the extinction of wildlife, etc. Explore more such questions and answers at BYJU’S.
How do you control degradation?
Here are a few to note:
- Wind breaks. Artificial and natural windbreaks, such as shrubs, reduce the erosion effects of wind. …
- Terracing. Terracing of slopes reduces the effects of water runoff and helps conserve rain water.
- Strip farming. …
- Crop rotation.
How can we control environmental degradation justify your answer with explanation?
Answer Expert Verified
- Control of Population.
- Should be Avoid Petrol.
- Should use the Resources like Air, Water in Appropriate quantity.
- Should use the electricity in the proper ways.
- Industries should not be in Cities.
- We shouldn’t do Deforestation.
- should keep the Management of the Solid waste.
How can we prevent environmental problems?
Measuring and Reducing Your Environmental Impact
- Use energy more efficiently. Producing electricity and natural gas and delivering it to your door generates greenhouse gas emissions. …
- Install renewables. …
- Conserve water. …
- Reduce, reuse, recycle. …
- Travel less. …
- Consider near sourcing. …
- Ship goods more efficiently.
In what way can you decrease or prevent environmental degradation?
Recycle (& then recycle properly) Implementing recycling habits into your daily life is one of the most effective ways to help lessen landfill waste, conserve natural resources, save habitats, reduce pollution, cut down on energy consumption, and slow down global warming.
What is environmental degradation explain briefly the causes of environmental degradation?
Environmental degradation comes about due to erosion and decline of the quality of the natural environment. It is caused directly or indirectly by anthropogenic activities that extract various environmental resources at a faster rate than they are replaced, and thus depleting them.