What are some ecology questions?
The Big Questions in Ecology and Evolution
- Why does life exist at all?
- What makes life different from non-life?
- Why do some individuals die and some live?
- How to do living things survive?
- How random is nature?
- Why don’t we live forever?
- Why do life forms look the way they do?
- Why are there diverse organisms?
What do Population ecologists study?
population ecology, study of the processes that affect the distribution and abundance of animal and plant populations. A population is a subset of individuals of one species that occupies a particular geographic area and, in sexually reproducing species, interbreeds.
What is a question that an ecologist might ask when studying life at each of the levels?
Species – how do biotic forms reproduce? Population – how do populations increase in size? Community – how do communities survive with an increasing number of biotic forms?
What are 3 different ways ecologists can observe populations?
The three main research methods used are observation, modeling, and experimentation.