The Protect Wildlife Project was launched in 2016 in collaboration with Conservation International, USAID, and other partners to combat the threats to wildlife and the causes of biodiversity loss in the Philippines while taking into consideration environmental threats such as habitat loss, unsustainable harvesting, and …
What measures are being done by the government to promote the conservation of Philippine biodiversity?
- Conserve biodiversity in forest areas and reduce forest degradation in priority watersheds.
- Build capacity to manage forest areas at the national and sub-national levels.
- Strengthen disaster-risk reduction programs.
What efforts are taken by the government for conservation of biodiversity?
1) different national parks , wildlife sanctuaries are set up in different areas. 2) endangered species are identified and projects such as project tiger and project rhino has been started. 3) forest officers have been appointed to prevent forests and hunting of animals is banned.
How the Philippine government protect and conserve the environment?
The main strategy for protecting and conserving biodiversity in the Philippines is the establishment of an integrated protected area system (IPAS). … Executive Order 192 created the Parks and Wildlife Bureau to consolidate government efforts to conserve biological diversity in the protected area system.
What are the things that you can do to protect and conserve the country’s biodiversity?
6 Ways to Preserve Biodiversity
- Support local farms. …
- Save the bees! …
- Plant local flowers, fruits and vegetables. …
- Take shorter showers! …
- Respect local habitats. …
- Know the source!
What can you do to preserve Philippine diversity?
- Conserve biodiversity in forest areas.
- Reduce forest degradation in targeted priority watersheds.
- Build capacity to conserve biodiversity, manage forests, and support low emissions development.
- Contribute to disaster risk reduction at the subnational level.
What are the plans that you would organize to ensure the conservation of the species of the flora and fauna?
15 Actions to Protect Endangered Species
- Learn about endangered species in your area. …
- Create a backyard wildlife habitat. …
- Establish a pollinator garden with native vegetation in your yard. …
- Minimize use of herbicides and pesticides.
What are the steps taken by government to save environment?
Protection of Environment
- Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) for Afforestation.
- Fly Ash Utilisation Action Plan.
- Initiatives for improving the environmental performance of coal based stations.
- Clean Development Mechanism (CDM)
- ISO 14001.
What are the steps taken by the government to conserve and protect wildlife Class 10?
(i) To survey and collect all the information about wildlife, especially, their number and growth. (ii) To protect habitat by protecting forests. (iii) To delimit the areas of their natural habitat. (iv) To protect wildlife from pollution and from natural hazards.
What are the initiatives taken to conserve natural vegetation and wildlife?
Ans: Following are few steps that have been taken to conserve forest and wildlife: (a) National Forest Policy framed by the government should be implemented. (b) National Parks, Wildlife Sanctuaries, Bioreserves, Botanical Gardens have been setup. (c) Special Projects (E.g. Project Tiger, Project Elephant, etc.).
Why is it important to protect and to conserve the natural resources of the Philippines?
They provide food, fresh water, livelihoods and climate resilience to more than 100 million Filipinos. … The forests and oceans of the Philippines sequester vast amounts of carbon — playing a significant role in the global solution to climate change.
What are the Philippine govern environmental rights?
REPUBLIC ACT 8749 PHILIPPINE CLEAN AIR ACT OF 1999
The law aims to achieve and maintain clean air that meets the National Air Quality guideline values for criteria pollutants, throughout the Philippines, while minimizing the possible associated impacts to the economy.